Who we are
• We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• We have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations;
• We are performing a contract with you for our services; and
• We have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Muse Publications LLC, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us our contact page on this site.
Personal data we collect
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
If you opt in to our mailing list or contact us via this site, we collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Access to and control over your Personal Data:
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions or take the following actions at any time by contacting us via this site to:
• See what Personal Data we hold about you, if any, including why we am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
• Ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
• Ask us to delete your Personal Data;
• Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• Ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
• Withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future email newsletter, you can:
• Contact us via our contact page on this site.
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email newsletter; and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Data we collect automatically
This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that this site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
In some cases we may use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, and Pinterest will set cookies through this site, which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
If there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not, it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on my Website. However if you are still looking for more information you can contact us through our contact page on this site.
Use of your personal data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
• process and manage your use of our Website;
• respond to your questions, comments and requests;
• where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences/may be of interest to you;
• improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as needed by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to me. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email us via our contact page on this site:
• see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
• ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
• ask us to delete your Personal Data;
• object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data; withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• express any concerns you may have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
Change of purpose
Our full details are:
Muse Publications LLC
10. Agreeing to Terms